Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Now you'll get to meet Mum, my Wombat

I want to scream.

I want to scream, at somebody, at anybody....

"WHY?!"

I realise that there are no answers to this question, but it doesn't stop me from wanting those illusive answers.

My Mam died today. At around 9pm local time (3pm my time), she passed away with three of her four children with her. Barb, Cheryl and Gary were there - and I'm so relieved that they were.

I'm still numb.

I thought....don't we always?....we had longer. I was trying so desperately to get my passport sorted out so I could at least visit her in the next month or so...and today, she had to leave us.

My god. I am literally at a loss.

Avril Hardiman Wheatley - 5 Sept 1945 - 29 April 2008.

I love you, Mam.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Oh sweet mother of god Tess... I am so terribly sorry for your loss. What an awful year you're having. Many, many hugs... I'll light a candle for you tonight.