Monday, April 7, 2008

Bunnies and Bleachers - April 2, 2008

One of the most difficult things about this journey is acknowledging the things we'll no longer do together, the simple things...just like walking in the sunshine, arm in arm, meandering along, giggling together.

It's such a beautiful day outside, and it made me smile just to be outside, even though my heart stings knowing that I'll never again link my arm through yours as we cross the road. I'll always remember you grinning at my childish delight at seeing the first floppsy (that's a bunny to normal folk) of the year!

Remember when we lived in College Street? There they were. Three bunnies, sitting in a circle, studiously watching as the fourth, older rabbit hopped up and down on the spot! It was as if he was teaching them how to hop...and it was such a magical moment. It just warms my heart.

We used to walk from the apartment over to the football field and make out...just like a couple of teenagers, sitting wrapped around each other on the bleachers. I can still smell your hair, and feel the sun on my skin, sweetheart.

Then, we'd walk home and that little boxer down the street would just go nuts as we walked by...remember?

"HiHiHiLoveMeLoveMeWoofWoofLemmeLickYerHandPleaseBeMyFwendHiWoofWoofHiHiHi!"

You'd joke that the bunnies were teasing him, running back and forth past his fence knowing he couldn't jump over and get them. I think you were right, you know...

It's these things I'll never forget.

No comments: