Monday, April 14, 2008

Hopefully this will be the last time I ever have to post something like this.

This is Angie's first communication:

Tess, you should really leave MY mother alone and stop saying that was MY brothers funeral you missed, it was MY fathers funeral and MY brother was mentioned, if it was MY brothers funeral, MY mother would have been there, also you already took the attention away from MY family including Karen at MY fathers funeral, you also upset MY grandparents, uncles and aunts.
You feel really entightled because you lived with MY brother, I have a boyfriend, so sure I understand that but I would never take the attention away from his family because they are his family.
You just want to concentrate so much on yourself right now and pull whatever means tricks you can, so I can't even mourn MY father and MY brother, well hopefully you never feel the pain of losing actual family members because my heart is broken, instead of healing though and spending time with the family I have left, We have to deal with your silliness and throwing fits.
I know you spent more time with MY brother and father in the last couple of years but I spent MY whole life with them and it would take more than email to tell you every second I had with them.
You should also let Karen have some peace right now, because I can't even begin to imagine the pain she is in, losing her husband.
She doesn't need this drama, and she should have been comforted at MY father's funeral, not comforting you.
I will ask you again to leave us alone so we can mourn and remember the family we lost. Stop trying to get so much attention. We need to heal and enjoy the time we have together and you keep sending my mother emails instead of helping her with her pain from losing her oldest son, another pain thatItalic I am sure you or I can't even imagine.
You should be a friend to Karen and MY mother instead of trying to hurt MY mother.
I have had enough of your games, and you need to stop. This is my families time right now. Not yours.
If you aren't sending MY mother an email full of happiness then do not push send.

Good Day
Angela Bruun


And this is my response:

"Your brother was a beautiful, wonderful man. I was blessed to know him, and to love him, and to have to opportunity to nurse him through the last stages of his life. He was my partner, and my soulmate. Though it pains me to say it, he would have been incredibly saddened and disappointed with what happened last week. You see, part of Rob's wishes - and those of his father - were for me to have the opportunity to say goodbye to him as he was laid to rest with his father.

My grief will be a part of me forever, Angela. Just as yours will be a part of you. I understand that you're brokenhearted - you have suffered two incredibly difficult losses in a very short period of time, and the pain must be so hard to deal with. In the same period, I lost my soulmate, my stepfather and my fiance's father too. I know that you must realise that you're not the only one suffering during this tragic time.

I'm with Karen now, giving her as much support and love as I can; the same as I was trying to do last week. Karen was also incredibly upset with what happened; I was there supporting her too, and she really wanted me with her - but I was prevented from helping her.

All I have ever done is try to be there and offer comfort; same as I tried to do with your Mom when I saw her. And the same as I did with your father when Rob died. And though it isn't what you want to hear, I've been here since the beginning of Rob's illness, and through that time developed a bond with Bob and Karen that, though tragic, will be part of us forever. There is no ownership of loved ones, just as there is no ownership of grief. Karen and I have shared in the love, caregiving and partnership of being with Bob and Rob, and though neither of us wanted to mourn these two amazing men, we now tragically share that bond too.

I was part of Bob's life too, and I took care of, adored and was lucky enough to be loved by his son. Neither of them would have wanted this bitterness, Angela. We are ALL mourning, and we all have that right. I loved those two men, and I will continue to love and mourn them, just as you and your family will continue to mourn.

I would ask that for Rob's sake if nothing else, to please let this anger go.

Tess."

No comments: