Thursday, May 15, 2008

I actually kind of enjoyed today.

The weather was beautiful - I think we hit a lovely 75. (We had snow two weeks ago...but c'mon, this IS Fargo, after all).

I went down to the hospital, and was greeted with many hugs by Sue, Cynthia and Julie. They've more or less taken care of me there since you passed, babe.

Treated myself, in the gift shop, to a little silver necklace. There's a square pendant, with a little pearl dangling from it. The square bits says "Do The Impossible".

Given that I've lost you, my Mum, your Dad, and my stepdad in the space of these last 16 weeks...I thought that was kind of apt.

And I'm smiling.

I hate that you're not here with me. I hate that I have had to join the Young Widows BB. I hate that I'm here alone. I hate that I can never touch, smell, taste or feel you again.

But I'm glad that I got to love you. I'm glad that I got to know you.

I'm glad for you, Rob. I'm glad.

Love you, Wombat.

No comments: