Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tornadoshmado

Hey, this is a relatively non-angsty entry. Go figure!

I'm coming out of hiding after about eleventy thousand days of tornado warnings. When it wasn't a tornado warning, it was a severe storm warning. When it wasn't a storm warning, it was a "hide from the friggin horrid heat" warning. And when it wasn't that, it was a "it's cold enough to freeze your nipples" warning. In the words of the fabulous Lewis Black, "my balls can't take it!!!"

At least, that'd be true if I had balls. But I don't.

Anyway.

Today, I'm really, really thankful. You know why? Bear with me, because this is going to be as rambling as ramblingation can ever be. And that's not only NOT a word, it's terrifyingly bad grammar to boot.

I'm thankful for:

Lori. My WonderTwin. You KNOW. Yes, you just KNOW. My god girl, I love you.

Moe. My partner in crime, and Scrabulaciousness. And I miss you.

Samantha: You know why. I need more Eliza pics, btw, girly!

Leeler: Oh, like I have to even say it :p

GregnWendy: Despite the odds, despite the history, you both came through for me.

Wor Geord & Tam: The painful irony is, you've both been there more than 90% of my immediate family. I love that. Your girlies are virtually unbearably gorgeous, too. Heh.

Wor Dave: We share both our "first crush" and other secrets. I'll never, ever forget that, hon :)

I'm thankful for having the opportunity to love you, Rob.

You were such an incredible man. So intelligent. So witty. So...well, so YOU.

I'm thankful that I got to share your life, even as it ended so tragically.

I'm just thankful, you know?

1 comment:

Tanja said...

Hi English girl, just came accross your blog and thought I'd say hi.
I still have no idea what you are doing up there in Dakota :-)

Maybe one day we can have a cup of tea together. With milk.

Tanja