Sunday, July 6, 2008

Perhaps this is where the TRUE journey begins?

I just miss you so much, my Wombat. So much. I don't have the words.


********


Something I've intended to do since Rob died has been to visit each of these 50 states and scatter some of Rob's ashes, and help my Wombat rest, finally, with the wind, the ground and perhaps the ocean. This will be quite the journey, and indeed, quite the trial..... emotionally, physically and financially.

Because we had planned a life together filled with love, travel, frivolity and general "let us be twits together"-edness, I really want to help my Wombat see every state, every coast-line, every corner.

It's going to be beautiful, poignant and precious beyond words to have Rob accompany me on this journey to those four corners, and every state inbetween. Alaska and Hawaii included!

I've had some amazing and wonderful people offer to help Rob and I accomplish this, via YWBB. They - you - know how much I love and appreciate your presence and your kindness.

I simply can't wait for Mr and Mrs Wombat to meet our amazing new friends, and share a beautiful time of letting you and I, Rob, know that you'll be with me wherever I go in this great country, and help us all maybe give some sort of comfort to everyone else who has to go through this painful, heart-wrenching, soul-changing journey of grief.

Rob, I love you.

And dammit, we're going to make this happen.

Viva ASHES - A JOURNEY OF LOVE; the official, true and now beginning, version.
Always.

I love you.

1 comment:

Sari said...

That sounds like a wonderful idea. If you need a wing (wo)man in Florida, let me know.

((HUGS)) to you.